We require that all patients comply with the following instructions:
- It is imperative that you do not eat or drink anything (including water) after midnight the night prior to you surgery.
- You must arrive at Waverley Surgery Center 1 hour prior to your surgery time.
- If your surgery is scheduled at Stanford or Sequoia Hospital you must arrive 2 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- Your Surgery Coordinator will call you with this time one day prior to your surgery date. Please be sure the scheduler has all your contact numbers. Please
- keep your cell phone on the day before your surgery.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing to and from the hospital. Preferred button down shirts, no “pull over” type shirts with shoulder surgery.
- Leave all valuable items at home.
- Please bring a written list of all your medications and the dosage of each medication to your pre-op appointment with our Nurse Practitioner. This is important for your anesthesiologist.
- On the day of your surgery you will not be able to drive yourself home nor can you use a taxi. Please make arrangements for someone to drive you.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products at least 7 days prior to your surgical procedure. This includes all anti-inflamatory medications.
- Please do not sunbathe at least one week prior to surgery due to the risk of sunburn.
- Please inform your surgery scheduler if you are diabetic, have a latex allergy, or sleep apnea.
Thank you for taking time to read this valuable information.
The Day Of Your Surgery
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing so that you can change easily after surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish or jewelry.
- Bring your health insurance card and insurance forms with you.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
- Please bring any X-rays, MRI scans, lab studies, physician orders etc. that may relate to your surgery.
When You Arrive
To ensure that there is adequate time to fill out the necessary forms and prepare for surgery, you should arrive at your designated facility at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours before your scheduled procedure. Family members and friends are welcome to join you but must wait for you in the reception area.
Upon arrival at your facility, you should register at the Patient Registration Area located inside the reception area. You will then be escorted to a preparation room, where you’ll be asked to change into a hospital gown. At this time, we’ll perform a simple physical examination or check your weight, blood pressure and temperature, and insert an IV. From the pre-operative area, you will then be taken to the operating suite for your procedure.